University Place School District follows the Public Records Act regarding disclosure of its public records. Under state law, a public records request must include a reasonable description that would allow an employee to locate existing records.
Some Public Records may be accessed through the district website. Here are links to frequently requested records:
Making a Public Records Request.
- All Requests must be made in writing via email or a letter.
- Please provide a description of the records you are requesting that is sufficiently specific so that UPSD staff can identify and locate the records. Also, please include your contact information and mailing address if we are mailing records to you.
- You may also use the attached form to request records: Public Records Request Form
Ways requests may be submitted:
1. Email a Public Records Request to: email@example.com
2. Mail or hand carry a Public Records Request to:
Public Records Officer
University Place School District
3717 Grandview Dr W
University Place, WA 98466
3. Fax a Public Records Request to: (253) 566-5607
Fee Schedule - If over 20 copies, cost is $0.15 per single sided letter or legal page.
After we receive your request, UPSD has 5 (five) business days to respond.
The Public Records Officer will:
- Provide the records; OR
- Acknowledge receipt of the request and give a timetable for delivery; OR
- Ask for clarification; OR
- Deny the request with a statement why it is being withheld and with a citation of the RCW.
Contact Courtney Ydstie, Public Records Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-566-5600.