ASB Constitution & Bylaws
CONSTITUTION OF THE CURTIS COMPANIONS CLUB OF
CURTIS SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
We, the students for the promotion of good government, good sportsmanship, student activities, and the general welfare of the students of Curtis Senior High School, establish this Constitution of the Curtis Companions Club.
Article1. Name of Organization
Section A. It is resolved that the name of this organization shall be the Curtis Companions Club of Curtis Senior High School.
Article 2. Purpose
The purpose of this organization shall be to:
1. To create an amiable environment for special education students.
2. To achieve the integration of special education students with general education students.
1. To build strong relationships and friendships between the special education population and the general education population.
2. To create a sociable and enjoyable high school experience for special education students through safe and enjoyable organized events.
Article 3 Membership
Section A. Membership in Curtis Companions Club is established by the Curtis Companions Club offers and the Club advisor.
Section B Membership in Curtis Companions Club is maintained by the student companions (members) and the Curtis Companions Club officers.
Article 4. Duties
Section A. Duties of Curtis Companions Club
· To create an amiable environment for special education students.
· To assist in the integration of special education and general education students.
· To achieve strong relationships and friendships between special education and general education students.
· To organize safe, enjoyable activities for special education students and general education students to strengthen their knowledge of one another.
· To attend organized activities planned by the Curtis Companions officers and other events to support the special education students throughout the community.
· To support the special education population of the school and the community and the growth of student integration.
· To raise funds for club activities and special education events all through the community.
Article 5. Eligibility
Section A. Eligibility of Curtis Companions Club. All members must have and maintain a 3.25 grade point average.
Section B. Requirements for all Curtis Companions Club Members during their period of service shall be required to:
1. Attend and participate in the Curtis Companions planned activities
2. Maintain a 3.25 G.P.A.
3. Be a positive and enthusiastic leader who will work their hardest to create an enjoyable experience for their “buddy” (special education student).
ARTICLE 6. Amendments
Section A. This constitution shall be amended by a two-thirds majority vote of the membership provided_____________________________________________.
Adopted on this 18th day of October, 2011.
By: Approved by: Student Council_