Dear Parents and Families,
Welcome to Narrows View Intermediate School! At NVI, we are committed to partnering with families to ensure that each student reaches their potential both academically and socially. Establishing positive communication and relationships with parents and families is important to all staff members at Narrows View. As the principal, I want to welcome you to the NVI family.
We have several tools to foster communication between school and home, including:
- The Narrows View website @ https://www.upsd.wednet.edu/site/Default.aspx?PageID=1987
- Our School Messenger system that provides a voice mail box for each staff member and the ability to quickly call all Narrows View families to leave a short message
- Staff E-mail look up: UPSD Staff Directory
- School newsletters mailed or sent home and posted on the website
- Phone calls to parents/guardians
I encourage you to contact your child’s teacher if you have any questions or concerns throughout the course of the year.
Students at NVI spend significant time each day learning “the core” content areas of language arts, math, science and social studies. Specifically:
- All students will have 80 minutes of language arts and math each day
- All students will have 40 minutes of science, social studies and music (choir, band or orchestra) each day
- Most students will have a total of 100 minutes of health and fitness each week
At NVI, we have three building-wide expectations that drive our creation of a safe and civil learning environment: Be Safe, Be Respectful and Be Responsible. These expectations are critical to the development of students that exemplify the University Place School District’s goal of creating “competent, contributing citizens” in our community. We want NVI students to participate in their community (UP and beyond) to make it a better place.
Once again, welcome to NVI and I look forward to a successful school year partnering with you and your child. Go Nighthawks!