Volunteer Service Requirement
Students attending Curtis High School are required to complete volunteer service with an approved non-profit (501c3) organization, as part of their CHS graduation requirement, each school year. It is important for students to give back and learn the value of helping those in need. Volunteer service also helps students in the following ways:
- Looks excellent on resumes and job applications
- Is often a determining factor on college and scholarship applications
Is often an excellent networking opportunity for future career goals
Students Must Meet the Following Guidelines:
- ALL hours must meet the required CHS volunteer/community service guidelines for approved activities, as outlined in the information packet.
- Must complete the minimum required service hours for each school year:
- 20 Hours – Grade 12
- 15 Hours – Grade 11
- 10 Hours – Grade 10
- 5 Hours – Grade 9
- All volunteer/community service hours must be entered, verified and approved in x2VOL no later than May 1st of each school year.
CHS Volunteer Service Requirment Information Packet - Printable packet includes guidelines and frequently asked questions
Questions? Please contact:
Michael Tompkins, CHS College & Career Readiness Counselor (CCRC)